Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Breastfeeding Woes

Breastfeeding has been a source of stress for me. I've been feeling bad about it because I have been mixed feeding. Actually, instead of formula milk being the supplement, breast milk has been the supplement. sedih I feel that I am a failure at breastfeeding because I cannot provide for the requirements of my twins.

I really wish I read up on breastfeeding while I was pregnant. A lot of my friends were telling me to breastfeed and I though it was so easy. I didn't know that it was really hard work and can be really painful.

I wasn't informed about a lot of things. My husband and yaya were not so well informed also. Hence, we went for bottle and formula feeding just 4 days after my babies were born. I felt so bad. They were crying and we thought they were hungry even after nursing. Plus I developed sore nipples at that time. After that, it was difficult to get my babies to latch. sedih Plus it was easier and more convenient to offer a bottle than to get them to latch. sedih

Still, I wanted to offer my babies breast milk. If I can't get them to latch, I will just pump and feed the breast milk by bottle. So I kept on pumping. However, I still think that the amount of milk I pump is not enough. The most that I was able to pump in a day is 7 ounces. sedih

Now, I am feeling down again. 2 days ago, I was able to pump twice only as I went out. I was able to express 3 oz. only. Today, I've pumped thrice already but has been able to express 70 ml only or around 2 oz. sedih I'm feeling sad because I want to be able to provide breast milk as long as I can. What if my supply is starting to dry out already? sedih It has only been a month and a week. sedih

No comments:

Post a Comment